This Side Lake Community Building, located at 7548 Highway 5 in Side Lake, was moved to this site from the Sherman Mine in the early 1980’s. Community members donated their time and labor to remodel the building. A new addition on the east end of the building was added in the 1990’s for a meeting room and office for the Town Clerk.
The building is available for rent for private parties, meetings, and other functions. The building is handicap accessible with a paved parking lot. The 28′ x 42′ social hall has folding tables and chairs and has direct access to the kitchen and restrooms. The kitchen is fully equipped with a gas stove, refrigerator dishes, silverware, a center island and a commercial dishwasher.
The building has a heating / air conditioning system for year-round comfort. Some current uses of the building include public meetings, Community Church services, quilting group, exercise classes (including “Side Lake Strong”), various training sessions, and for private parties and receptions.
* Users must sweep and generally clean the building and remove trash after use.
* Tables and chairs must be arranged as found. No furniture is to be removed from the building.
* All dishes must be washed, dried, and put back in the cupboards.
* Tables, chairs, or other furniture brought into the building must have protective footings. Remember to lift the furniture, do not slide it across the floor.
* Pets are not allowed in the building.
* No smoking in the building.
* Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on Town of French property unless prior approval is obtained from the Town of French Board, including a Certificate of Liquor Liability.
* If the meeting or function will not be adjourned before 9:00 PM, special arrangements must be made with the overseer at the time of reservation.
* It is recommended that you obtain liability insurance for your event. You may have this type of insurance added to your homeowner’s policy for a minimal charge.
To make a request to reserve the building:
Call PJ Bjur (Buildings & Grounds Worker) @ 218-969-3323 to request a date, and he will send you a copy of the Building Use Agreement.
You can print your own copy by clicking Side Lake Rec Center Rental Agreement. Reservations must be made through PJ Bjur.