Side Lake’s 3rd Annual Firecracker 5K
**Please note the date change from previous years!**
Our walk/run event this year will take place on Saturday, July 2, 2022.
Registration is open for the annual Firecracker 5K! To register, please go to: https://tempotickets.com/SideLakeFirecracker.
We will be having packet pickup on the day of the race only beginning at 7:00 a.m. at the Side Lake Rec Center on Hwy 5. Registration will close at 8:30 a.m. with the event beginning at 9:00 a.m. If you register before June 15, 2022, you will be guaranteed a t-shirt. Registration is $20 for Adult (age 18 and over), $15 for children (under age 18). Registration cost will increase to $25 for adults and $20 for children on July 2nd! No refunds allowed.
For the most up-to-date event information, you can visit the Side Lake Events Page (Side Lake Events Page | Facebook)
Location: Side Lake Recreation Center, 7548 Highway 5, Side Lake, MN 55781
Parking is available at the Side Lake Rec Center.
4th of July Parade
The parade will take place on Monday, July 4th . Line up will begin at 9:00 a.m. with road closures along the parade route starting at 9:30 a.m. The parade will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. We will enjoy the same parade route as in previous years. Applications for parade entry will be located at CC Camp, Side Lake Store, and the Post Office. You can also download the application here. Please return completed applications back to any of these locations by Sunday, July 3rd. If you happen to miss preregistration, we will be having same-day registration at the parade lineup. Same-day registration will close at 9:30 a.m. on July 4th. The registration table will be located at the corner of Rudstrom Road and Sturgeon Road.
**Increment Weather Policy for July Events**
– The Firecracker 5k will be held rain or shine.
– Rain does not hinder the Firecracker 5k walk/run.
– If storms with lightening occur, it creates an unsafe environment not only for the spectators, but also the participants. The Side Lake 4th of July Events Committee (co-chairs of the race committee) will delay the start of the walk/run until there is a safe period without lightening before the committee with consider the start of the walk/run. If storms with lightening continue, the event will be cancelled.
4th of July Parade
– The Side Lake Parade will be held rain or shine. However, due to weather the Side Lake 4th of July Events Committee has the authority in conjunction with the Town of French Fire/EMS Department and the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Department to cancel the parade due to inclement weather.
– Rain does not hinder the 4th of July parade.
– If storms with lightening occur, it creates an unsafe environment not only for our spectators, but also the participants. If there is a storm with lightening, the Side Lake 4th of July Events Committee will delay the start of the parade up to one hour from the start of the original start time of the parade. The decision will be made by the co-chairs in conjunction with the Town of French Fire Chief and the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Department (whom all are stationed at the fire hall the morning of the parade). If storms with lightening continue after the one-hour delay, the parade will be cancelled.