The local governing body is the Town of French Board of Supervisors, made up of three voting members, a clerk and treasurer. St. Louis County provides assessing services for the Township. The annual levy is set by the local citizens at the annual meeting held the 2nd week of March. This elected body administers the annual levy, provides land use planning input, provides road maintenance, fire protection, and maintains a budget for recreation. French Township was organized in the early 1900’s, and in 1906 had $39.71 in the treasury.
Board of Directors
- Bill Schuster – Chair / Supervisor
- Bruce Sandberg – Supervisor
- Gene Capitani – Supervisor
- Jeff Schanche – Clerk
- Lisa Samsa – Treasurer
Elections are held in March. Supervisors are elected for a 3-year term. The Clerk and Treasurer positions are 2 year terms. See our calendar of events for meeting dates and special notices.
Township and County Links
- Minnesota Association of Townships
- St. Louis County – Permit Application Forms & Standards
- St. Louis County – Zoning Ordinance